splawoffice in Markham, Ontario
Right Header
Main Line: 416-850-3673, Email info@splawoffice.ca
Immigration Matters: 416-573-1900, Email help@splawoffice.ca


Immigration Problems Back

Canada Spousal Sponsorship Appeal

Criminal Inadmissibility

Medical Inadmissibility

What Are Your Canadian Immigration Problems

What are your problems with Canadian Embassy or Immigration Canada?

If you have received a written response for your refusal from the Canadian Embassy orCanada Citizenship and Immigration Department, don’t panic, that decision may not be final!

Contact our Expert Immigration Lawyer based in Toronto. We Can Help You If:

  • Your Canadian Citizenship Application has been refused.
  • You could not renew your Canada PR (Permanent Residence) card
  • Your Canadian Visa application has been refused
  • You need to appeal your Canadian residency obligations
  • Your Canadian refugee claim has been denied
  • You were Denied Entry to Canada
  • Process of your Canada residency application has been delayed
  • You may need Canadian Legal Representation.

Call us Today, for a FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION with our expert immigration lawyer in Toronto, Canada. SP Law Firm HAS HELPED HUNDREDS OF CLIENTS JUST LIKE YOU with Canadian immigration concerns such as when they:

  • Receive an unfair removal order.
  • Need to apply for a Canadian Stay of Removal.
  • When they need to Appeal Canadian sponsorship application for Spouse or Parents.
  • Have been detained in jail and need to go to the Federal Court of Canada for detention review.
  • Have received a refused entry to Canada based on Medical Inadmissibility.
  • Have been refused entry to Canada based on Criminal Inadmissibility.
  • Need to apply for a Canada Temporary Resident Permit.
  • Need to apply for Canada Immigration based Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds.

Let’s discuss your options. Call SP Law Firm for a free initial consultation.

You may be able to make an appeal before the Immigration orRefugee Board of Canada (IRB) through the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) or Refugee Appeal Division (RAD).

The Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada is Canada’s largest independent administrative tribunal. IRB is responsible for making well-reasoned decisions on immigration and refugee matters, efficiently, fairly, and in accordance with the law.

The Immigration Appeal Division hears appeals on immigration matters dealing with cases such as refused sponsorship applications, removal orders, and residency obligations.

The Refugee Appeal Division hears claims for refugee protection made in Canada, considering appeals against decisions of the Refugee Protection Division (RPD), and decides to allow or reject claims for refugee protection.

Are you wondering:
  • What procedure is involved in filing and processing a Canadian Immigration Appeal? What steps have to be taken?
  • How long does the process take? When should I expect a result?
  • What are the chances of successfully appealing the decision?

What if my appeal application is rejected by the above courts?


Don’t worry! There might be another solution. All immigration decisions can be challenged by Judicial Review in the Federal Court of Canada. For example, administrative decisions made by an immigration officer overseas to refuse a Visa application or a refused refugee claim made by the Immigration and Refugee Board are reviewable; therefore, the Federal Court of Canada can review the decision to decide whether it was lawfully made.

Issues the Federal Court of Canada considers include:

  • Whether or not the decision-maker acted legally and within jurisdiction.
  • Whether or not the decision was made using a fair procedure.
  • Whether or not the decision was reasonable in light of the evidence.

If the Federal Court of Canada decides that the decision was not properly made, the case will be sent back to be revisited by a different decision maker.

Do I need to come to Canada?

It is not necessary for the applicant to be in Canada or to appear before the Federal Court of Canada in person. The case can be managed entirely by our expert immigration lawyer here in Toronto, Canada.

How long do you have to file your appeal? For example, do you have 15, 30 or 60 days after being notified of the refusal?

It is important that you file your appeal as soon as possible as there are strict deadlines that need to be adhered to. You have 15 days to respond if a refusal was made in Canada and 60 days to respond and file a notice to appeal your case if your decision was made outside of Canada.


Contact SP Law Firm today to quickly assess your case.

See how our experienced immigration lawyer in Toronto, Canada can help you with your immigration problem.